REPORING TO: Head of Mechanical Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Market & Company Overview
The rapid transition of all forms of transport to electric vehicles (EVs) is unstoppable. Governments globally are aligning on 2030 being the year when the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) cars are banned and all 2/3/4 wheel vehicles will quickly follow. The end of the road is in sight for the ICE Age, we’re in the EV Era.
Saietta Group is ideally positioned to be a leader in the transition. We are an established SME based in Oxfordshire, England which engineers and manufactures class-leading EV motors. We’ve invested heavily to engineer proprietary, Axial Flux Traction (AFT) motor tech which is a break-through in EV propulsion motors. It’s patent protected with clear competitive advantages in torque, efficiency and cost. It’s modular in design, meaning high and low voltage e-motors can be provided from scooters to buses. It’s also been rigorously designed for high automation in volume production. The result is a powerful competitive advantage of the right performance at the right price to drive the global mass transition to EVs.
We also provide turnkey engineering services to OEMs. Capabilities include market research, product definition, CAE & simulation, e-motor electrical & mechanical integration, prototype build and vehicle testing on 20 miles of private test tracks. We can go further still into low volume production and production process definition. Click here to see more.
The launch motor variant is branded AFT 140 and is optimised for mid-power motorbikes and final-mile delivery vehicles. It delivers class-leading performance with high torque density at low voltage and is particularly efficient on urban duty cycles. AFT 140 cost effectively delivers class-leading performance for the L-Category (scooters, motorbikes, quadricycles, final mile delivery vehicles) target market. It’s in production, generating healthy sales revenues and we’ve won a major UK Government research contract to fast-track us to mass production … BBC News APC16 research contract win – YouTube
We are growing rapidly and can offer rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the EV revolution in a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, strong team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and a positive attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated CAD Engineer to join our team. Your role will be to create parts and 2D detail drawings to the highest standard. You will join a close knit and highly experienced engineering team focussed upon delivering projects and solutions for an emerging Electric Vehicle market. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone looking to join the electric vehicle revolution!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Creation of parts drawings using the latest CAD systems.
- Creation of renders and animations to support engineering, sales & marketing.
- Drawing pack and BOM preparation in readiness for release.
- Close involvement with engineers and technicians to deliver projects.
- Support creation of assembly instructions and user manuals.
- Take ownership of tasks from initial concept through to completion.
- Creation of engineering drawings to the highest standards.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your skills and engineering knowledge.
- Support and help with CAD system management and standardisation.
Profile & Skills:
- Degree, BTEC, or equivalent qualification in mechanical or automotive engineering OR experience in CAD design within a precision engineering environment.
- Proficient using 2D and 3D CAD – SolidWorks preferred.
- A good understanding of drawing tolerances, limits, fits, and working to BS:8888 and ISO standards.
- Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your engineering skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work to the highest standards with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of electro-mechanical systems would be an advantage.
- Good hands-on practical experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail and a good problem solver.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment on multiple projects.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
Please send your application to the below address: