Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
Date required: Immediately
Direct reports: None
Salary: £55k-£75k (depending on experience) + Commission + Share Options Scheme
Benefits: New suite of benefits under review
Primary Location: Heyford Park, Bicester OX25 5HE
Application format: CV + covering letter
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, highly automated production. Saietta is rapidly evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced applications or systems engineer to join a successful and rapidly growing automotive technology company involved with the design and manufacture of electric motors and electric drive (eDrive) solutions for the global EV marketplace.
The ideal candidate profile will be 80% an eDrive engineer and 20% a commercial sales person. This is a technical sale and requires people who can engage effectively directly with client engineering teams. They need to really understand the eDrive engineering challenges for clients and speak the same language as their engineering teams. They need to get to be able to understanding client eDrive requirements in detail, translate this into a well defined, timed and costed scope of work, secure sign-off of quotations and be very hands-on in driving the project through, acting as the key point of contact for the client. They also need to focus on securing follow-on projects with clients.
• A demonstrable background in automotive powertrain electrification / eDrive systems.
• Experience of working with clients to capture requirements and define technical specifications for eDrives.
• Strong background in eDrive systems integration and optimisation.
• Commercial acumen and experience in defining client proposals.
• Good communication skills and confidence with dealing with customers directly.
The ideal candidate would be an applications engineer, systems engineer or similar, with a strong background in powertrain electrification / eDrive systems. This would ideally include the integration of systems, vehicle performance optimisation and validation.
Expected skills and experience
• Ideally degree or masters in a relevant subject e.g. automotive engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.
• Strong technical background (full eDrive system) as well as commercial acumen.
• Understanding of eDrive systems integration and vehicle level performance.
• Understanding of the impact of the motor on the eDrive solution.
• Proven experience in a customer facing commercial application engineering position (or similar) working on powertrain electrification /eDrive projects.
• Understanding of electrical and mechanical aspects of electric powertrain systems.
• Able to manage the technical relationship with the client offering full technical support throughout vehicle simulation, demonstrator build, systems integration and vehicle prototype phases to delivery (as applicable).
• Able to define the overall project brief, capture requirements, develop technical specifications for the electric drivetrain systems design, through trials and acceptance.
• Actively involved in strategic Business Development – able to identify future projects and opportunities.
• Good commercial acumen, communication and organisational skills.
Applicants that are passionate EV enthusiasts and take part in electric vehicle projects in their spare time would be of great interest.
Please send your application to the below address: