JOB TITLE: Electrical Integration Engineer
REPORING TO: Chief Engineer – Build and Test
JOB TYPE: Full-time/ Contract
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Market & Company Overview
The rapid transition of all forms of transport to electric vehicles (EVs) is unstoppable. Governments globally are aligning on 2030 being the year when the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) cars are banned and all 2/3/4 wheel vehicles will quickly follow. The end of the road is in sight for the ICE Age, we’re in the EV Era.
Saietta Group is ideally positioned to be a leader in the transition. We are an established SME based in Oxfordshire, England which engineers and manufactures class-leading EV motors. We’ve invested heavily to engineer proprietary, Axial Flux Traction (AFT) motor tech which is a break-through in EV propulsion motors. It’s patent protected with clear competitive advantages in torque, efficiency and cost. It’s modular in design, meaning high and low voltage e-motors can be provided from scooters to buses. It’s also been rigorously designed for high automation in volume production. The result is a powerful competitive advantage of the right performance at the right price to drive the global mass transition to EVs.
We also provide turnkey engineering services to OEMs. Capabilities include market research, product definition, CAE & simulation, e-motor electrical & mechanical integration, prototype build and vehicle testing on 20 miles of private test tracks. We can go further still into low volume production and production process definition. Click here to see more.
The launch motor variant is branded AFT 140 and is optimised for mid-power motorbikes and final-mile delivery vehicles. It delivers class-leading performance with high torque density at low voltage and is particularly efficient on urban duty cycles. AFT 140 cost effectively delivers class-leading performance for the L-Category (scooters, motorbikes, quadricycles, final mile delivery vehicles) target market. It’s in production, generating healthy sales revenues and we’ve won a major UK Government research contract to fast-track us to mass production … BBC News APC16 research contract win – YouTube
We are growing rapidly and can offer rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the EV revolution in a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, strong team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and a positive attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who will assist us with all aspects of electrical systems primarily, but not exclusively in benchtest, labcars, and prototype vehicles. Tasks will vary from wiring loom design and realisation to fault finding, instrumentation, motor commissioning and complete electric drive system integration.
Although experience of working in a similar environment would be advantageous, what we are really looking for is a motivated, competent person able to demonstrate technical abilities and with a drive to deliver in all aspects of work every day. A background in, or experience of automotive electrical would be very useful. The right attitude and mindset are vital for this position!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Wiring harness layout design
- Prototype harness build and installation
- Vehicle fault detection and rectification
- Motor controller commissioning (establishing communication network, setting relevant parameters, determining position sensor offset, etc)
- Investigating system/electronic failures to understand and rectify root causes.
- Be able to follow internal standards and procedures including automotive standards and quality related requirements.
- Participate in team review sessions evaluating technical results.
- Support the engineering team with electronic technical developments or investigations when required.
- Demonstrate a creative attitude, to find new solutions and investigate for novel technologies and their application.
Profile & Skills:
- Harness design and analysis expertise
- Experience of electronics testing and verification
- Experience with the commissioning of a range of motor controllers for use with traction motors
- Experience gained within the automotive sector would be preferred
- Understanding of EMC testing and the design techniques used to achieve the imposed limits
- Excellent documentation and traceability skills
- Have a ‘hands on’ and ‘can do’ attitude
- Be innovative, proactive and be able to provide alternative solutions to issues
- Being a licenced motor-cycle rider would be a plus
- Electrical architecture design, harness design and producing wiring schematics
- CAD software experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: