JOB TITLE: Electrical Integration Engineer
REPORING TO: Chief Engineer – Build and Test
JOB TYPE: Full-time/ Contract
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Saietta Group is an SME specialising in the design, development and manufacture of electric motors and drive solutions for vehicle OEMs. We are a British company specialising in a full product development service from market research, competitor benchmarking and feasibility study, through to mass production launch and after-sales support.
We work directly with customers to provide bespoke packages tailored to OEM customer requirements. We provide a turnkey service, usually starting with a CAD feasibility study leading to the production of a working prototype. Our head office is in Oxfordshire, England on an ex-military airfield with access to 20 miles of private roads to test and optimise electric drive solutions for two, three and four-wheeled vehicles.
We have ambitious growth plans and, as a result, plenty of opportunities for rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach to work who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. We also seek people with a high level of integrity and accountability with the desire to make a positive contribution to Saietta. This role would ideally suit somebody with automotive electrical experience who wished to move into the rapidly expanding and exciting electric vehicle industry.
Given the dynamic nature of our projects and the current extraneous situation, we are initially offering this role as a contract-based appointment. Depending upon the candidate, and the evolution of our work in this area, we would hope to review the nature of this role at some point in the near future.
We are looking for highly motivated people who want to be part of a genuine team working towards common goals. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and can-do attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who will assist us with all aspects of electrical systems primarily, but not exclusively in benchtest, labcars, and prototype vehicles. Tasks will vary from wiring loom design and realisation to fault finding, instrumentation, motor commissioning and complete electric drive system integration.
Although experience of working in a similar environment would be advantageous, what we are really looking for is a motivated, competent person able to demonstrate technical abilities and with a drive to deliver in all aspects of work every day. A background in, or experience of automotive electrical would be very useful. The right attitude and mindset are vital for this position!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Wiring harness layout design
- Prototype harness build and installation
- Vehicle fault detection and rectification
- Motor controller commissioning (establishing communication network, setting relevant parameters, determining position sensor offset, etc)
- Investigating system/electronic failures to understand and rectify root causes.
- Be able to follow internal standards and procedures including automotive standards and quality related requirements.
- Participate in team review sessions evaluating technical results.
- Support the engineering team with electronic technical developments or investigations when required.
- Demonstrate a creative attitude, to find new solutions and investigate for novel technologies and their application.
Profile & Skills:
- Harness design and analysis expertise
- Experience of electronics testing and verification
- Experience with the commissioning of a range of motor controllers for use with traction motors
- Experience gained within the automotive sector would be preferred
- Understanding of EMC testing and the design techniques used to achieve the imposed limits
- Excellent documentation and traceability skills
- Have a ‘hands on’ and ‘can do’ attitude
- Be innovative, proactive and be able to provide alternative solutions to issues
- Being a licenced motor-cycle rider would be a plus
- Electrical architecture design, harness design and producing wiring schematics
- CAD software experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: