Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, highly automated production. Saietta is rapidly evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
We require a technical marketing professional that is adept at understanding technical B2B marketing, ideally in the eMobility sector. The ideal candidate may be an engineer that is used to translating technical product features into benefits for a target client base, probably as a technical marketing or product manager. The role requires somebody with lots of energy, motivation, and positivity.
The marketing manager will have responsibility for marketing (company and product), as well as PR, events, industry research, and managing and developing marketing assets. They will work with 3rd party organisations for website, social media and marketing content and design and will have responsibility for steering this internally or via external agencies.
Core Involvements / Responsibilities:
- Work with the Sales Teams to define their requirements for sales tools/information and deliver the approved assets
- Work with the external agencies to define the Brand Positioning and then drive this into all comms touchpoints
- Define the 12-month plan for all digital communications channels (Website/ Wikipedia/ YouTube/ LinkedIn/ Twitter/ E-Newsletters) and manage the delivery of comms messages, ensuring all channels are functioning properly and content is up to date
- Focus on SEO to raise the company profile
- Define the 12-month requirements for off-line point of sale requirements (e.g., Flyers, Brochures, Price Lists)
- Define Corporate Identity standards updating the Brand Guidelines as required for all target client touchpoints
- Develop a 12-month PR Strategy focusing on the company’s ‘contrarian’ strategy and positioning senior board members as thought leaders
- Develop a rolling 6-month PR Plan
- Manage the delivery of the plan through PR Agencies & Regional Partners
- Manage the sign-off of all outbound comms in accordance with our PLC status and listing on AIM
- Define a 12-month Event strategy
- Develop a rolling 6-month Event Plan
- Work closely with DIT/SMMT/APC to secure spaces on Government Pavilions at target eMobility events globally
- Work with specialist event companies to deliver events on time/budget/quality
- Deliver a suite of event kit which cost effectively support target shows globally
- Define the requirements for assets (prose/film/photography) for all on & off-line comms channels on a rolling 6-month basis
- Manage the delivery of the assets, working with internal staff as required
- Track and report on key PEST eMobility research/trends (e.g., Bloomberg New Energy Finance Annual Electric Vehicle Overview, COP, Blogs)
- Track and report on key competitor comms initiatives, driving best practice into company comms
- Consolidate everything above into a 12-month Budget
- Manage delivery against the budget, working closely with Finance to ensure they are fully briefed and aligned, issuing monthly summary reports
Expected skills and experience
- A technical qualification (degree / masters) in a relevant technical discipline (automotive engineering, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, etc).
- Proven industry experience within technical product marketing / product management.
- Proven experience with translating technical product features into benefits
- Demonstrable experience with developing, managing and implementing business and product marketing strategies
- Experience with leading and developing digital marketing campaigns and strategies, also marketing assets / content, PR, events and segment research.
- Experience of working within the eMobility sector (vehicle platform, systems or subsystems) would be very useful.
- Understanding of electrical machines/ electric motors would be advantageous
Please send your application to the below address: