A great opportunity for a proactive, enthusiastic, and experienced mechanical analysis engineer (stress / structural analysis) to join our expanding electric vehicle technology company in Oxfordshire.
Job Title Mechanical Analysis Engineer
Date position required ASAP
Reporting to Head of Mechanical Engineering
Benefits Bonus, Life Insurance, Pension etc.
Location Saietta, Heyford Park, Bicester OX25 5HE
Applications by ASAP
Application format CV and covering letter
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
A great opportunity for a proactive, enthusiastic, and experienced mechanical analysis engineer to join our expanding electric vehicle technology company in Oxfordshire.
We looking to develop a broader range of products. Some will be larger and more powerful electric motors hence we will need greater support with FEA / CAE analysis considering greater rotational stresses, stronger enclosures, heat, shock, vibration, etc.
You will be working within the mechanical design team and will support new concept designs, prototypes as well as motors in development and beyond.
The company is small but growing hence a flexible approach, proactive attitude, can-do approach is required as you may get involved with a variety of tasks as the role evolves.
- Mechanical Analysis Engineers with experience of working on rotating electromechanical systems would be preferred (e.g. electrical machines / electric motors, bearings, stators, gears, transmissions variable speed drives, etc)
Expected skills and experience:
- A degree or higher in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar coupled with strong practical skills
- 4+ years of proven experience as a mechanical design and analysis engineer working on dynamic electromechanical components, complex mechanisms, or assemblies
- Good CAD experience would be required but more importantly the use of traditional methods for the analysis of mechanical designs, as well as the use of high end FEA / CAE packages.
- Experience of tortional stress, shock and structural analysis would be great. Any experience of thermal modelling and vibration would be useful.
- Candidates should be good problem solvers, inquisitive, creative, self-motivated, methodical, focused and with a flexible attitude.
This is a new position within the business, the scope, and responsibilities of which will no doubt evolve in time. Meaning there are great career opportunities for the right project coordinator candidate.