JOB TITLE: Mechanical Design Engineer
REPORTING TO: Head of Mechanical Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Silverstone, Northants
CLOSING DATE: N/A
Our core company values are grounded by intellectual curiosity, integrity, entrepreneurial mindset, international vision, the highest aspirations, and the continuous pursuit of excellence. We seek people who feel a strong affinity with high-quality and ground breaking products. We share a passion for creating world-shaping impact and we believe in transformative innovation and profound progress without compromise. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a high level of responsibility and trust early on in their role. If these values describe you, then we look forward to receiving your application for a specific role, or your expression of interest to be informed of a future opportunity.
Description of the Role
- We seek a mechanical design engineer to create accurate 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for prototypes and full manufacture in support of R&D activity
- The ideal candidate would be a proven mechanical design / CAD design engineer with strong experience in SolidWorks 3D CAD, DFM, material selection and practical engineering skills.
- Good understanding of production techniques and tolerancing would be required
- This role is aligned to 3D Solidworks CAD modelling of prototype components and mechanism. Also, 2D draughting and tolerancing to ensure components and assemblies are fit for manufacture.
- We are a small business hence a flexible approach, proactive attitude, can-do approach is required as you may get involved with a variety of tasks as the role evolves.
Skills and knowledge required
- A degree or HNC in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar coupled with strong practical skills
- 3+ years of proven experience as a mechanical design engineer / CAD engineer working on precision / dynamic electromechanical components, complex mechanisms or assemblies
- Strong Solidworks CAD experience – Production of 3D models, 2D drawings (DFM, GD&T, BOMs etc)
- Good understanding of materials selection and production techniques for metallic components (e.g. Casting, machining, pressing, stamping etc_
- Candidates should be good problem solvers, inquisitive, creative, self-motivated, methodical, focused and with a flexible attitude.
Others – beneficial
Mechanical design engineers / CAD Engineers with experience of working on rotating systems would be great (e.g. electrical machines / electric motors, bearings, stators, gears, transmissions etc)
This company is growing rapidly, hence the scope, and responsibilities of the role may well evolve in time. Meaning there are great career opportunities for the right mechanical design engineer candidate.
Please apply to [email protected], stating the job title in the subject line and including your CV, a brief covering letter and salary expectations.