Mechanical Design Engineer
Market & Company Overview
Saietta Group is ideally positioned to be a leader in the transition. We are an established SME based in Oxfordshire, England which engineers and manufactures class-leading EV motors. We’ve invested heavily to engineer proprietary, Axial Flux Traction (AFT) motor tech which is a break-through in EV propulsion motors. It’s patent protected with clear competitive advantages in torque, efficiency and cost. It’s modular in design, meaning high and low voltage e-motors can be provided from scooters to buses. It’s also been rigorously designed for high automation in volume production. The result is a powerful competitive advantage of the right performance at the right price to drive the global mass transition to EVs.
We are growing rapidly and can offer rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the EV revolution in a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business.
Description of the Role
- We seek a mechanical design engineer to create accurate 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for prototypes and full manufacture in support of R&D activity
- The ideal candidate would be a proven mechanical design / CAD design engineer with strong experience in SolidWorks 3D CAD, DFM, material selection and practical engineering skills.
- Good understanding of production techniques and tolerancing would be required
- This role is aligned to 3D Solidworks CAD modelling of prototype components and mechanism. Also, 2D draughting and tolerancing to ensure components and assemblies are fit for manufacture.
- We are a small business hence a flexible approach, proactive attitude, can-do approach is required as you may get involved with a variety of tasks as the role evolves.
Skills and knowledge required
- A degree or HNC in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar coupled with strong practical skills
- 3+ years of proven experience as a mechanical design engineer / CAD engineer working on precision / dynamic electromechanical components, complex mechanisms or assemblies
- Strong Solidworks CAD experience – Production of 3D models, 2D drawings (DFM, GD&T, BOMs etc)
- Good understanding of materials selection and production techniques for metallic components (e.g. Casting, machining, pressing, stamping etc_
- Candidates should be good problem solvers, inquisitive, creative, self-motivated, methodical, focused and with a flexible attitude.
Others – beneficial
Mechanical design engineers / CAD Engineers with experience of working on rotating systems would be great (e.g. electrical machines / electric motors, bearings, stators, gears, transmissions etc)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: