REPORING TO: Head of Mechanical Engineering
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Market & Company Overview
The rapid transition of all forms of transport to electric vehicles (EVs) is unstoppable. Governments globally are aligning on 2030 being the year when the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) cars are banned and all 2/3/4 wheel vehicles will quickly follow. The end of the road is in sight for the ICE Age, we’re in the EV Era.
Saietta Group is ideally positioned to be a leader in the transition. We are an established SME based in Oxfordshire, England which engineers and manufactures class-leading EV motors. We’ve invested heavily to engineer proprietary, Axial Flux Traction (AFT) motor tech which is a break-through in EV propulsion motors. It’s patent protected with clear competitive advantages in torque, efficiency and cost. It’s modular in design, meaning high and low voltage e-motors can be provided from scooters to buses. It’s also been rigorously designed for high automation in volume production. The result is a powerful competitive advantage of the right performance at the right price to drive the global mass transition to EVs.
We also provide turnkey engineering services to OEMs. Capabilities include market research, product definition, CAE & simulation, e-motor electrical & mechanical integration, prototype build and vehicle testing on 20 miles of private test tracks. We can go further still into low volume production and production process definition. Click here to see more.
The launch motor variant is branded AFT 140 and is optimised for mid-power motorbikes and final-mile delivery vehicles. It delivers class-leading performance with high torque density at low voltage and is particularly efficient on urban duty cycles. AFT 140 cost effectively delivers class-leading performance for the L-Category (scooters, motorbikes, quadricycles, final mile delivery vehicles) target market. It’s in production, generating healthy sales revenues and we’ve won a major UK Government research contract to fast-track us to mass production … BBC News APC16 research contract win – YouTube
We are growing rapidly and can offer rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the EV revolution in a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, strong team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and a positive attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. Your role will be to create 3D CAD designs and 2D detail drawings to the highest standard. You will join a close knit and highly experienced engineering team focussed upon delivering projects and solutions for an emerging Electric Vehicle market. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone looking to join the electric vehicle revolution!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Creation of 3D parts and assemblies using the latest CAD systems.
- Must have a strong design background along with design for manufacture knowledge.
- Design of key elements, jigs & fixtures, process refinement.
- Undertake engineering calculations, design verifications, and design analysis.
- A good understanding of volume manufacturing and quality processes.
- Drawing pack and BOM preparation in readiness for release to production.
- Close involvement with research & development projects.
- Ownership of tasks from initial concept through to completion.
- Create and maintain BOMs whilst working closely with the engineering team.
- Build, test, and validation of prototypes and new design concepts.
- Attend project review meetings and deliver on key milestones.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your skills and engineering knowledge.
Profile & Skills:
- Degree in mechanical or automotive engineering OR mechanical design experience within a precision engineering environment.
- Must be proficient with the use of 3D CAD – SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience working with PDM system would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of drawing standards, tolerances, limits and fits, GD&T.
- A broad knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods would be an advantage.
- A keen desire to learn and develop your engineering skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work to the highest standard with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of mechanical FEA analysis tools and simulation packages.
- Experience of electro-mechanical systems would be an advantage.
- Hands on practical experience preferred.
- Sound understanding of safety requirements.
- Good problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Flexi time scheme
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.
Please send your application to the below address: