REPORING TO: Senior Test Technician
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Heyford Park, Upper Heyford, Bicester
Market & Company Overview
The rapid transition of all forms of transport to electric vehicles (EVs) is unstoppable. Governments globally are aligning on 2030 being the year when the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) cars are banned and all 2/3/4 wheel vehicles will quickly follow. The end of the road is in sight for the ICE Age, we’re in the EV Era.
Saietta Group is ideally positioned to be a leader in the transition. We are an established SME based in Oxfordshire, England which engineers and manufactures class-leading EV motors. We’ve invested heavily to engineer proprietary, Axial Flux Traction (AFT) motor tech which is a break-through in EV propulsion motors. It’s patent protected with clear competitive advantages in torque, efficiency and cost. It’s modular in design, meaning high and low voltage e-motors can be provided from scooters to buses. It’s also been rigorously designed for high automation in volume production. The result is a powerful competitive advantage of the right performance at the right price to drive the global mass transition to EVs.
We also provide turnkey engineering services to OEMs. Capabilities include market research, product definition, CAE & simulation, e-motor electrical & mechanical integration, prototype build and vehicle testing on 20 miles of private test tracks. We can go further still into low volume production and production process definition. Click here to see more.
The launch motor variant is branded AFT 140 and is optimised for mid-power motorbikes and final-mile delivery vehicles. It delivers class-leading performance with high torque density at low voltage and is particularly efficient on urban duty cycles. AFT 140 cost effectively delivers class-leading performance for the L-Category (scooters, motorbikes, quadricycles, final mile delivery vehicles) target market. It’s in production, generating healthy sales revenues and we’ve won a major UK Government research contract to fast-track us to mass production … BBC News APC16 research contract win – YouTube
We are growing rapidly and can offer rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the EV revolution in a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, strong team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and a positive attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day set-up, commissioning, and operation of motor and controllers on motor test rigs.
- Performing standard test routines on prototype and series production electric motors, to generate precise electrical and mechanical data to assist the design and production processes.
- Collating and processing data into standard reporting formats.
- Maintaining systems associated with the test rigs: monitoring equipment, wire harnesses, cooling systems etc.
- Performing a wide range of wiring, soldering and mechanical tasks associated with the test function.
- Working with Project Engineers to derive and deliver project specific test facilities and processes.
- Scheduling and delivering planned tasks on time.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for given tasks.
Profile & skills:
- Works well in fast moving, often changing environment.
- Comfortable with operating mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Level-headed and methodical approach.
- Attention to detail with exacting precision and repeatability.
- Good diagnosis and problem-solving skills.
- Have a can-do attitude and willingness to assist other departments whenever possible.
- An interest in electric motors, electronics, and electric vehicles.
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge and/or experience in an industrial, technical, or automotive field.
- Data analysis and mathematical skills. Proficient use of Excel.
- Recognised mechanical/ electrical engineering qualification or appropriate experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexi time scheme.
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities.
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.